The Importance of Hiring a Divorce Attorney
Florida consistently ranks as one of the leading states in the nation when it comes to divorce rates. If you or someone you know is seeking a divorce, the temptation to go at it alone by downloading forms from the internet, getting information from a book, or grabbing forms from the court may be strong. While some divorces are simple enough that a do-it-yourself approach is suitable, more often than not the legal skill of an experienced and knowledgeable divorce attorney is required.
Five Reasons To Hire A Divorce Attorney
A divorce can be complicated. Often the stakes are high and so are the emotions. During this difficult process, it is important to make sure your rights are protected under the law. For these reasons, it is best to have a professional at your side who not only knows the law of the land but can engage in settlement negotiations that produce the most favorable result. Below are five reasons why you should hire a divorce attorney:
- Utilize skill – an experienced divorce attorney well-versed in the specifics of state family law can assist in working out details. If your marriage has complicated issues that need to be settled, having a skilled attorney on your side is an invaluable resource;
- Mistake avoidance – when individuals attempt to process their own divorce, mistakes often happen due to complications in the law and the innate stress of the circumstances. Such mistakes may require further legal proceedings or even financial distress;
- Stress reduction – while an attorney will need to gather intimate information from the parties, having a competent legal advisor handle all of the aspects of the divorce will greatly reduce the stress that is already involved in going through a divorce;
- Clear up terms – while a family court will review any documents of agreement prepared by you and your soon-to-be-spouse, it will not be privy to what the parties intended. By using a divorce attorney, you can ensure the documents presented accurately reflect the agreement and will be free of errors;
- Avoid delays – an individual who attempts a do-it-yourself divorce will face potential hurdles in the process. To be sure, improper completion of forms, missing information, further required documentation are just a few examples of what may arise. While all of these factors may substantially delay the process, however, a competent divorce attorney can make sure the divorce is completed as quickly as possible.
Beyond this, a divorce attorney can ensure your rights are protected and explain what rights and obligations you are bound to under the law.
Orlando Divorce Attorney
If you and your spouse are thinking about divorce, it is essential that all the important issues are considered before making any final decisions. Divorce affects several aspects in life including property distribution, spousal support, and time-sharing. Competence, attention to detail and sensitivity is key when retaining a divorce lawyer in Orlando. The attorneys at the office of Steve W. Marsee, P.A. serve families throughout central Florida and have years of family law experience. Call today 407-521-7171 to schedule your initial consultation.