Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Orlando Divorce Attorney
Experienced Orlando Divorce Attorney
Call to Schedule a Consultation 407-521-7171

How To Prove Your Ex Is An Unfit Parent To Get More Time With Your Children


Parents always want what’s best for their young ones, and sometimes the best thing for children is to stay away from their biological parents. If you believe that your ex is an unfit parent, you already know the truth of this statement. Things can become even more worrying if your ex has won primary custody of your children, leaving you feeling helpless as you watch your kids struggle in questionable living conditions. So how can you prove that your ex is an unfit parent and spend more time with your kids?

The first step is to get in touch with a qualified, experienced child custody attorney in Florida. With help from one of these legal professionals, you can strive for your child’s best interests and remove them from questionable living conditions. An attorney can help you prove that your ex is unfit to act as a parent, guiding you towards a positive outcome in the most efficient way possible. As always, it’s best to book your consultation as early as possible to avoid any potential issues.

Proving Past Instances of Abuse 

One of the most obvious options is to prove that there is a history of domestic abuse in the family. If a parent has committed domestic abuse against the children in the past, judges will be very reluctant to give them significant parenting time. Perhaps your children have complained to you about this treatment while living with their ex. An attorney can help you gather the necessary evidence and remove your children from this dangerous environment.

 Proving Neglect 

Another major concern is neglect. This is when parents fail to provide children with basic necessities, such as food, clothing, shelter, and safety. Neglect is an especially egregious offense when parents are receiving more than enough funds in child support – implying that they are spending this money themselves rather than using it to care for the kids. If you can prove significant neglect, you may take custody of the children and stop paying child support.

 Proving Substance Abuse 

Substance abuse can also lead to changes in custody arrangements, as courts in Florida may come to the conclusion that an adult’s addiction interferes with their ability to parent effectively. If you can prove that your ex’s drug addiction or alcoholism interferes with their parenting abilities, you may be able to regain primary custody. An attorney may be able to help you prove the extent of your ex’s substance abuse problems.

Enlist the Help of a Qualified Attorney Today

 For help from an Orlando child custody attorney, look no further than Steve Marsee, P.A. Over the years, we have helped numerous concerned parents fight for their children’s best interests in the most efficient way possible. During your initial consultation, we can assess your unique needs to determine the most logical course of action. From there, you can fight for custody and strive for a positive outcome. Book your consultation today, because internet research can only get you so far.




Facebook Twitter LinkedIn